Material testing in the aerospace sector is a crucial aspect of ensuring the safety and reliability of aircraft. The aerospace industry is constantly pushing the boundaries of materials technology, using new and advanced materials to create lighter, stronger, and more fuel-efficient aircraft. However, these materials must undergo rigorous testing to ensure that they can [...]
About adminThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far admin has created 47 blog entries.
One of the most significant risks within the aerospace sector is the introduction of counterfeit products into the supply chain and eventually onto aircraft. 82% of all known counterfeit products are electronics; the other 18% is raw material, so although the most significant risk is within electronics, raw material still has a part to play [...]
Globe Engineering Ltd, a manufacturer of precision engineered components, has been awarded AS9100 quality management systems standard for aviation, space, and defence organisations. This is the first AS9100 aerospace certification to be awarded by Auva Certification since their UKAS accreditation was granted. To mark the achievement, Michael Venner, CEO at Auva Certification, presented the certification [...]
Auva Certification has been granted accreditation by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) to audit and certify organisations in the aerospace industry to AS9100 Rev D quality management systems and AS9120 Rev B Aerospace requirements for stockist distributors. Following a rigorous accreditation process, Auva becomes one of only seven certification bodies in the UK [...]
Like many businesses, Covid-19 has changed the landscape of the ISO certification industry and introduced remote auditing into the auditor toolkit. Remote auditing brought challenges throughout the pandemic but seems to be an auditing approach going forward. There are currently very loose rules around the remote audit process in terms of how many audits you can actually perform remotely, [...]
During the past three months, Auva has seen a definite increase in the number of transfers and transfer of ISO certification enquiries from organisations currently with other certification bodies. There is no doubt that this has been one of the most difficult operating periods for all businesses – including for certification bodies. However, this does not have to mean a reduction in service and [...]
CertCheck, launched by UKAS, provides a database of over 300,000 management system certifications issued worldwide by UKAS accredited certification bodies. It is a free to use resource for anybody to validate a claim of UKAS accredited certification. Auva Certification is a UKAS accredited certification body, and our certification file is searchable in the database. [...]
Every company should consider ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems (EMS) certification, regardless of its size or sector, because of the wide-reaching benefits. Having a more sustainable business culture, managing environmental impact, and ensuring environmental regulatory compliance is not only good for the environment, but it can also be very good for business. ISO 14001 [...]
1-30 JUNE 2022 OFFER: Free Stage 1 audits to ISO 14001 EMS. More and more businesses are realising their environmental obligation to improve their environmental credentials, implement sustainable business processes and lower their carbon footprint. Environmental credibility when choosing suppliers and awarding contracts, is becoming a very important factor in national and international competitiveness. [...]
An ISO assessment can be a difficult time for anyone, regardless of their experience. This article gives you an insight into what to expect on assessment day. Every day we deal with many customers going through an ISO assessment. Some customers pass their assessments with flying colours, while others struggle to make it over [...]